The above-described information (Personally-Identifying Information) may be used by ABT.com to personalize and enhance your use of this Site, including the marketing and promotion of certain products and services that might be of interest to you. Your use of this Site is consent to the foregoing use of your Personally-Identifying Information by ABT.com
ABT.com also may share your Personally-Identifying Information with select companies and organizations for their own marketing and promotional use. While ABT.com seeks to share Personally-Identifying Information with companies that follow appropriate privacy policies, it does not bear any responsibility or can be held accountable for the actions and policies of such third parties. If you wish that we not share your Personally-Identifying Information with third parties, you may “opt out” by emailing us with such request.
You should be aware that any Personally-Identifying Information, such as your user name and email address, as well as any other information that you post on a bulletin board, comment or share on social media, share in a “chat room,” or otherwise specifically and knowingly disclose by use of the ABT.com, may be directly obtained and used by third parties. Therefore, you may be subject to unsolicited email as a result of your disclosure of such information. You should have no expectation of privacy with respect to your involvement or communications through the forums, social media, comments, likes, dislikes or profile should you choose to list this personal information.
- Modern information, social media, and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organization like ABT.com. Based in the United States of America, our principal activity is the delivery of informational content and business listing information.
- You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data or location.
- We collect the personal information that you may volunteer or provide while using our services.
- Exceptions, as requested by you, must be in written documented and notarized form, stating we do not disclose your personal information to other organizations.
ABT.com is dedicated to complying with all state, federal, and local laws, as well as applicable standards, regulations, and guidelines established by government agencies and accepted accrediting organizations.
We will provide a secure transmission method for you to send us personal information, including:
- Identifiers (such as social security numbers, credit card details, website password, insurance policy numbers, birthdates, health care providers)
- While such secure transmission methods provide reasonable protections against unauthorized access, if you have concerns regarding the transmission of sensitive information (such as contact or medical information), you should consider using non-electronic communication methods.
- ABT.com has implemented security policies, rules, and reasonable technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorized access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorized modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information.
Email Risks and Your Responsibilities
At the discretion of ABT.com, its staff, physicians and agents and upon your agreement to the terms outlined within this consent form, you may use email to communicate with ABT.com. These e-mails may contain your personal health care information. If you decide to use email to communicate or contact with ABT.com, you should be aware of the following risks and/or your responsibilities:
- As the Internet is not secure or private, unauthorized people may be able to intercept, read and possibly modify email you send or are sent by ABT.com.
- You must protect your email account, password and computer against access by unauthorized people.
- Since email can be used to spread viruses, some which cause email messages to be sent to people who you do not intend to send email messages to, you should install and maintain virus protection software on your PC at your leisure.
- Since e-mails can be copied, printed and forwarded by people to whom you send e-mails, you should be cautious regarding to whom you send e-mails.
- 5. As your employer may claim ownership of, or the right to access, the email account issued to you by your e-mail, you should avoid using an employer issued email account to communicate with ABT.com.
Conditions for the Use of Email
By consenting to the use of email with ABT.com, you agree that:
- ABT.com may forward emails as appropriate for treatment, and other related reasons. As such, ABT.com staff members, third party affiliates, and other than the recipient, may have access to emails that you send. Such access will only be to such persons who have a right to access your email to provide services to you. Otherwise, ABT.com will not, otherwise, forward emails to independent third parties without your prior written consent, except as authorized or required by law.
- You should carefully word your email messages so the information provided clearly, yet briefly, describes the information you intend to convey.
- You are responsible for correcting any unclear or incorrect information.
- ABT.com reserves the right to save your email and include your email or information contained within your email in your medical record.
- 5. Emails may not be the only form of communication that ABT.com will use to communicate with you. Additionally, ABT.com may decide that it is not in your best interest to continue to communicate with you by email. In such case, ABT.com will notify that it no longer intends to communicate with you by email.
using this form.